Thursday, January 28, 2010

Call For Entries, Artist Gallery, Coloring Pictures

Yes, It's true! I really do want that art they've been working on at home. As all parents know, children want everything they create hung up and celebrated. Well, our new Artist Gallery gives them that chance. I've had so many beautiful pieces brought to me, that I thought we'd make it official and start a gallery. They have to work on it at home, (as to avoid the 1st grades begging me to hang up what we just did in class, etc) They can have started it at school, I love to see them working on things that we start in class, it's kind of like homework in disguise!
Our goal is to fill the entire back wall before school gets out, and I think we can do it! If parents would like to see this impressive display of uber-talent, you are welcome to come down with your child before or after school.

Also- Sometimes, with the younger kids, when we're working on harder projects I have students getting done at all different times. I'll let the early-enders color a picture while they wait. Starting this month the 4th, 5th, and 6th graders will be designing those coloring pages for the younger kids, each month we'll have a different theme. I'll copy their original so they can have it back. January's theme is "Things I like to do in the Winter!" Can't wait to see what they come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment