Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Landscape....Horizon....Perspective, Oh My!

So, I had this crazy idea to teach the young kids about landscape paintings, Horizon lines, and perspective. I just knew that if I taught it right they could get it! After all we've seen this through our eyes everyday since we were born. Objects recede into the horizon, things get small the farther they get away from us, and they loose detail the farther away they get.
Not only did they understand it, but they took it and soared. You know how they say swimming comes naturally to babies, just throw them in the pool? Well, I don't know about that, but, new art concepts just click with these young kids almost like they already know it, they just need the vocabulary to put it with. The older they are, the more they struggle with this idea of perspective. It was really neat to witness it!



#2

No comments:

Post a Comment